[LH4694] Delete words from Personal Word list?

Seems like it’d be obvious, but eh. I can get to the list via options>corrections>spelling, but when I open it all I get is a list of my words and an “ok” and “cancel” button, but can’t actually do anything with the words themselves (like delete them).

What am I missing? Thanks.

This is a bug.

The “+” and “-” buttons used to edit the list are under the left side of the word list, but they are not visible. The “+” button is on the left and the “-” button is in the right.

I agree. This is a bug. And, the “+” button is on the left and the “-” button is in the right, but on my setup it is a line above the OK and Cancel buttons.

FYI, you can find the actual file and (if you’re daring) edit it with a text editor I believe.

Just go to you main hard drive (usually [b]C:[/b]) to Users[i]username[/i]\AppData\Local\LiteratureAndLatte\Scrivener and you should be able to find a file called wordlists.ini which has the actual list, comma separated, that you should be able to edit, but I’d make a copy first before trying it.

I haven’t done it, and your mileage may vary, but if you really want the word gone it is another way.

Thanks, this has been fixed and will be available in the next update.

Really appreciate it guys, lol, and glad to know it’s being fixed next patch. I honestly sat there going crazy longer than I care to admit.

I did it much earlier in the Beta, and it does work. (make a copy before editing, as mentioned). I don’t recommend notepad as an editor. Something else, like Notepad++, Atom, or Sublime would work better. However, so long as Scrivener has a functional means of removing words from it, I don’t recommend using a text editor to go in there and edit them (unless you have many, many words to remove. Clickity-clickety has never been my favorite option).

Yes, this is safe to do; just make sure to separate each word with a comma+space when adding/deleting. You’ll need to restart Scrivener for the updates to be recognized in your project.