Link to a doc inside the Research folder that gets compiled

Hi, would like to ask how to link to a doc inside the Research folder that gets compiled.

I am writing my thesis which involves lots of figures and tables. for writing the thesis itself, Scrivener is unmatched; but for table and figure layout, I found it is limited. So I’m counting on LaTex to do that. To achieve what I want, I need to put some LateX codes along the text. However, a bunch of Latex codes can make a document pretty cluttered, it becomes hard to see the flow.

This is an example…

Characteristics of a white Gaussian random process is shown in Figure~\ref{fig3:awgn}. \begin{figure}[!h] \centering \includegraphics[scale=.8]{./chap_3/awgn} \caption{Characteristics of white Gaussian noise.} \label{fig3:awgn} \end{figure} The impulsive noise model employed in this study is the Bernoulli-Gaussian noise model.
Is there a way that I can link the codes to a file outside the Draft folder so it become something like this:

[code]Characteristics of a white Gaussian random process is shown in Figure~\ref{fig3:awgn}.

<fig3:awgn>

The impulsive noise model employed in this study is the Bernoulli-Gaussian noise model.
[/code]
with fig3:awgn linked to a file with the LaTeX codes inside the Research folder and gets compiled during compilation to LaTex document.

Kindly help, thank you.

I’m afraid there’s no way of doing this at the moment, but I do plan to add an <$include> feature which will allow you to do precisely this. It’s not going to see the light of day for a while, though, I’m sorry to say.

Thanks for the info, appreciate it. Hope to see it happen before I finish my draft. :wink: