Linking to sections in other Scrivener files

I’ve been trying to link a section in one Scrivener document to a section in another Scrivener Document. I’ve not been able to figure out how. I’ve tried creating a new link and dragging a section from another open document into the link but it won’t go. Internal links only cover the sections in the current doc. Any way to do this?

Thanks. Scrivener is great!

Scrivener links only link to other documents, not to specific sections in other documents. Thus, they will just take you to the place in the document where it was last open.
All the best,
Keith

Hmmm. Maybe I have the wrong terminology here - I didn’t make myself clear. Here’s what I want to do.

Say I have a Scrivener project (which includes Draft, Research, etc.) called A and another called B. What I was wondering is if there is any way to link from a document in Project A to one in separate Project B - in other words, not from one doc to another within the same project but from doc to doc across projects.

Hope that’s clear. Thanks again.

Ah, I see - no, I’m afraid there is no way of doing that. If you drag a link across it will get assigned an internal reference number that may exist in the project to which it is dragged, so it would end up opening the wrong document. This is the sort of thing I will reassess when 2.0 comes around in the distant future.

All the best,
Keith