Links

What function does the “Link” option provide. Does it only allow the user to paste a URL or can it be used to make hyperlinks within the document?

If it doesn’t allow linking internally is there any way to create internal links?

Thx.

Hi, the “link” option is the same as the one in TextEdit - it is purely for external links. There are no plans to change this default behaviour at present. Wiki-style links were discussed at one point, but they are not on the list for 1.0 (though I may consider them in the future).

As for internal links… You will be able to add internal and external links to a list similar to the keywords list in the inspector in the next version. Hope that helps.

You can also use Edit>Scrivener Link to link to other Scrivener documents within a project.

Lee

Blimey! Over five years between posts. Is this a record? :exclamation: :open_mouth:

Cheers, Martin.

Lee’s been in his cave a long time. You’ll have to forgive him. :slight_smile:

I think Lee must be overworked - he’s answering five-year-old posts in the Mac forum - Lee, take a break! :slight_smile:

His avatar’s gone missing as well – he must be tired.

The References list didn’t even exist yet! Historic fun.

Okay, just a little embarassing; I still don’t know how on earth I managed this?

I have re-worked the avatar though :slight_smile:
Lee

It’s comforting to know that questions will be answered.
(Better than Virgin Mobile still waiting an answer)
((Amazon is good though))