List: How could one move all of the selected items one level (or more) down / to the right in a single step?

How could one move all of the selected items one level (or more) down / to the right in a single step (keeping their hierachy) :

Do a search and replace on tabs?

E.g.

Replace

Tab tab circle-bullet

With

Tab circle bulllet.

Just copy one of the most indented lines till after the bullet into the search field, then delete one tab in the replace field. Obviously you’ll vary the replace field with what you actually want.

Untested, but some playing around with that should work.

HTH

Sorry, I do not understand at all, cannot get ii working.

Sorry, I think I may have confused matters (I was on the iPad and couldn’t test at the time).

In some programs, the indent for bullets is given by the number of tabs before the bullet, but it looks like in Scrivener (and the other Mac programs as well) it’s done by increasing the width of the indent as a single unit. If it had been the number of tabs, then find and replace to reduce by a tab would have worked, but that’s not possible with the single tab/indent method.

As it stands, I can’t think of any easier way to reduce them, unless you want to try this (tested on the Mac only):

Select the entire list, then press shift-tab. This will reduce every indent by one level. It will mean that the existing top level bullets will lose their bullets, but you may find that more easy to rectify than going through every sub level one by one.

Sorry for the confusion.

I had tried it already (it deltes the marked text / lines), that is similar to how it works in Word, LibreOffice and such. But is does not in Scrivener.

No no, no reason to say sorry, Many thanks for the try!