Local "Expand all" as contextual menu item

Hello Keith

Here is my request. My draft folder contains various articles, which all contain a lot of nested documents. As I work on one article at a time, I like to collapse all the articles in the binder but to completely expand the article I am working on.

For now, to my understanding, there are two commands : “Collapse All” and “Expand All”, which do, effectively, collapse all or expand all. What I would like to see is “collapse all” and “expand all” items right in the contextual menu that would be applied only on the selected item of the binder.

That way, I could do “Collapse All” at large (cmd-9), then click on the article I want to work on and right-select “Expand all”. That would clean my brain a lot.

Thank you !

Félix

If you opt-click on the disclosure triangle for an item in the Binder, it will expand/collapse everything in that container. I think that’s what you mean? You could also try the Documents>Hoist Binder command to isolate the container you’re interested in, then use expand all on that.

You can also combine Option with the left and right arrow keys to expand or contract an entire lineage.

Wow, you two just made my day.
I often forget to try that “option” button on my keyboard…

Thank you !

Félix