Location in a script

I have a script that I compiled into a .MOBI file and send it to a friend for feedback. He then sent me his suggestions. The problem is that he sent his feedback in location and not page number. Is it possible to find it in the script?

Your best bet is to use the Search function.

Yeah, page numbers wouldn’t help you out much either since Scrivener doesn’t paginate, and if it did it would use print settings rather than ebook, since page numbers in an ebook are relative to the display and font size relationship. The Location was invented to get around that problem, so it’s a good way of referencing between Kindle readers, but that’s about it since little else supports it (and it’s probably patented left and right so nobody else can).

What I do when I get a series of edits is always ask for context text rather than pure references, so I can just copy and paste a bit of the text into the Quick Search tool (the big URL looking field in the main toolbar, where you can just hit Enter to load the search result into the main editor), which usually takes me straight to the spot I need in a couple of keystrokes. All around I would say it’s more efficient than referencing by any other means, anyway, just different than what we may be used to.

“Quick Search tool (the big URL looking field in the main toolbar, where you can just hit Enter to load the search result into the main editor)” This is so cool. didn’t know about it. now I’ll be constantly using it. :slight_smile: