location of page number

Forgive the basic question, but I am just getting to know Scrivener (and enjoying it).

From what I have been able to glean, the page number (in the print options under Page Setup), the page number is supposed to be in the header (that is what is shown). When I compile, however, the page number is bottom center.

How do I move that?

I use this for preaching. I compile a pdf which I read from my iPad. I therefor set the margins very small to maximize the visible text on the ipad. The page number ends up behind the text.

Thanks in advance.

Peace,

Paul

Hi Paul,

The Page Setup options only affect printing via File > Print Current Document - Compile has its own options which are much more customisable. In the Compile sheet, choose “Page Settings”. There you will see the option of setting up the header and footer. By default, there is a “<$p>” (for page number) in the text field representing the centre of the footer. So just change that (moving it to the header) and you should be good.

Hope that helps.

All the best,
Keith

Perfect.

The compile sheet was collapsed, and it took me a minute or two to figure out I had to expand it.(duh)

Thanks

Ah, sorry, I should have mentioned that (I always forget) - glad you found it!

All the best,
Keith