lock a project to default formatting style?

So I use Scrivener for a mixture of projects. However my big books are written entirely in HTML, and I am frustrated with how often I find weird non-printable characters in the output, or weird spacing between lines, etc etc. Not to mention, being forced to use CMD-OPT-SHIFT-V for pasting every time to prevent formatting from coming across.

Is there any method I’m overlooking to “lock” a project or even at the document level so that nothing but ASCII letters can be added to the project?

I’d like to lock the documents and not the research pages if possible, but I’d rather have the lock than not have it to preserve that difference.

Some people have flipped the paste shortcuts so that Cmd-V does the Paste and Match Style and Shift-Opt-Cmd-V does a standard formatted paste. You’ll be hard-pressed to find much on the Mac that enforces ASCII-only pasting though, not even Paste and Match Style does that. The Mac is UTF-8 at a native level, all of the development tools are based off of that common format.

I do need to do that on occasion however (usually to strip out typographic punctuation), and so I have a little shell command set to a hotkey (using Keyboard Maestro) that pipes the current clipboard through iconv:

LANG=en_US.UTF-8 pbpaste | iconv -c -f utf-8 -t ASCII//TRANSLIT

It works pretty well, symbols like “…” get converted to “…” and so forth.