Long wait for new updates...

Since winScrivener 1.9 update, there wasn’t any other update. As we know, WinScrivener is quite different from MacScrivener.
As WinsSrivener user, I want to use the same functions as Mac. When is planned the next WinScrivener update?

See https://forum.literatureandlatte.com/t/keyword-search-for-3-0-winscriv/33721/1

And: [url]Feature Request - Word Count Tracker]

Worth noting: Windows 1.9 already has more features than Mac 1.x had.

Hmm. Mac 3 coming out several months before the Windows version is really going to rub salt into a few wounds. Especially the Windows users who keep losing work and struggle with high resolution problems, and particularly since there has been no update or bug fixing since the October 2015 version. Surprised at that.

Broadsides, it’s not what it looks like, really. :slight_smile: These are two separate teams, as far as I know, they don’t interfere with each other. We all wish for updates, fast bugfixes and all. Yet, people keep requesting all Mac features. So you either put your effort into patching swiftly, or try to eliminate a handicap of 5 years. Although, of course, I do not know the actual reasoning. This only feels most logic, is all.

Note that the “next version” of WinScriv will not be WinScriv 3.0. There is an intermediate version currently in beta testing.

I’m not sure what the version number will be or what it will include. You can expect to see it concurrently with the iOS Scriv release, as it adds support for syncing with the iOS version.

Note also that the last release of Mac Scriv was in September, 2015. Large gaps between releases are not unusual on either platform.

Katherine