Lost text - computer DID NOT crash

I noticed two blank texts that I thought I had written (in active part of project - not trash). To test whether text had truly disappeared between simply opening and closing a project, I did the following:

  • used “saved as” to duplicate the project.

  • opened a recent back-up. Compared texts.

  • In the back-up, the text was there, just as I had remembered writing! In the duplicated project, the two text files are there, but blank.

  • compiled the duplicate project. Text was not there, either.

This is not a display issue. This is not a computer crash issue, either. The text is simply AWOL. This is URGENT.