MacOS Monterey translate native feature

¡Hola!

MacOS Monterrey incorporates a native translation tool: you select a text, click on the right-click menu and the option to translate appears.

However, that option does not appear in the texts you are writing in the draft.

Does anyone know how I can make it appear? Or there is another way to use that feature?

Thank you!

1 Like

Hi @atomfeed! It looks like the native Translate option isn’t appearing in most places in Scrivener, currently, but is showing up for me when right-clicking text in the Synopsis field of the Inspector. Is this the case for you? If so, a workaround for now would be to type whatever text you need to translate in the Synopsis field, use the Translate tool, and then cut and paste to the Main Editor.

I’ve flagged this issue and it’s now on our list to investigate, so hopefully we can get the Translate feature incorporated into the Main Editor soon.

1 Like

The translate option’s availability has been greatly exaggerated. I haven’t managed to make it show up at my M1 Monterey machine except when I’ve selected text in an image. Not in Scrivener or Chrome.

but is showing up for me when right-clicking text in the Synopsis field of the Inspector.

I just tried it in the Synopsis and the option to translate appears in the context menu. :+1:t3:

Thank you for the advice. I hope the scrivener team can make it appear in the main editor or in the documents imported to the Binder.

Greetings!

It does show up in TextEdit though, which uses the same text engine as Scrivener, so it’s likely that we can get it incorporated.

1 Like

Yes, until you told me about the synopsis, I used TextEdit to make a c&p of long texts and use that feature.
Excuse me, I should have told you.

It’s great that you think it has an easy solution. Best regards!