Macros in Scrivener.....? Or anything similar?

I use Macros in Word a lot, usually for simple things, like a really long name or somesuch that I have to use all the time, and I’d like to avoid typing it fifty times. Is there any sort of similar function I can use in Scrivener? I am not asking for more complex macros; just the ability to automatically paste a name or the like. Thanks!

See substitutions

In b21: Options > Corrections > Substitutions > Edit Substitutions

In 1.9: Options > Corrections > Edit Substitutions

Regards,
M

Hi, re: "b21: Options > Corrections > Substitutions > Edit Substitutions

In 1.9: Options > Corrections > Edit Substitutions"

What are you referring to?? I don’t see these in the manual…??

Also: how can I get email notification of any replies to my posts?

I only have experience with the email notification preference for PMs. There’s a list of that and other options at:

Begin at the lefthand side of any forum page at your Forum user name dropdown menu > Settings > (at top row) Board Preferences > (at side column) Edit notification options > list of options appears at righthand side…

The options include notifications triggered by posts made in threads which you’ve subscribed to or bookmarked:

Those are Scrivener’s menu options, not a part in the manual.
b21 → means Scrivener for Windows beta 21
1.9 → stable release of Scrivener for Windows version 1.9

We are using already Beta 22 and will switch to Beta 23 very soon. :slight_smile:

Thank you. I have no idea how referring to version numbers is supposed to help me with my question.

Krastev was pointing you to the Options which might help you in each version of Scrivener, As they are in different places for each version, he pointed you to the corresponding place in each version.

Ah! Gotcha…thank you.