Main windows never appears (when creating / opening)

Paid customer, have been using Scrivener for about a year, recently has become unusable:

• When opening existing projects from the finder, the window appears but all areas are blank. (attached screenshot is of a 5.1mb project)

• When creating a new project, the file is created but the ‘new project’ window never closes and the main window never appears. If ‘create’ is clicked again it says the project already exists (as it already created something on disk).

• When opening from the ‘Recent File’ menu nothing happens (no windows, no warnings).

Have used app cleaner to remove the application, same results with new download.

Am running:
Scrivener 1.53
Snow Leopard 10.6.2
2 x 2.26 Quad-Core Intel Xeon
16 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
2TB Internal Drives

Love the app, any help would be appreciated.

Hi,

This looks like a font problem - if certain fonts aren’t present, an exception gets thrown as a project loads which can lead to this. Did you disable any fonts recently? In FontBook, ensure the following fonts are enabled: Helvetica, Courier, Lucida Grande, Optima.

Let me know if that helps or if you still have problems.

All the best,
Keith

Thanks. :slight_smile: I recently when through this:
jklstudios.com/misc/osxfonts.html
Will revisit and fix the issues I created.

A-ha, if you’ve played with fonts recently, that definitely explains it. Let me know if you have problems resolving it.
All the best,
Keith