Heh, yes some of these tokens have been my bane. I found a way to “escape” most of them by adding compile replacements that look for “<$” and change it to “<$” (which works fine since I’m using MMD and that’s just the HTML equivalent). But some of these variables get processed before replacements and so get substituted before my hack can neuter them. It is kind of amusing.
The code you are looking for is “<$compilegroup>” / “<$COMPILEGROUP>”, which in this case was “Manual” because that is what I have renamed the Draft folder to. Thank you for the reference though, I’ve added it to my post-compile pre-flight checklist (whew).