manually loading updates

I can’t auto-update because it says I need administrator rights and it has to come from where I originally loaded it? But … it says I can manually download it from here.

I can’t find from where to load the update.

A little help?

You don’t have to do anything special with the download to “load” it. It can be run as an installer and doing so will update an existing installation you have in place. In fact, I think the only difference between the auto-update and the full installer is that the latter asks where you want to install (that’s the only difference you will see, at any rate).

Do you have something like McAfee or Norton Internet Security loaded on your machine? Many times, these programs will interfere with common Windows administrative tasks. Some kind of help is the kind of help we all can do without.

If so, you may need to disable this program, restart Scrivener, and try to do the automatic uploads from there.

You might also need to make sure that you’re running Scrivener in an account that has administrative privileges. You can try right-clicking on the Scrivener icon in the menu (not a Desktop shortcut) and running it as Administrator.