Markdown -> Rich Text via Folder Sync?

Hi,
First of all, I realise that what I’m asking may not be possible. Or not the way I’d like to do it, but given Scrivener’s general awesomeness I thought it wouldn’t hurt to ask.

So. Firstly, I’ve generally used my rMBP for writing but as I tend to write in coffee shops and have been well-imbued with a horror of spilling liquids on the Macbook, I decided to attempt to move my writing workflow to my ipad. Admittedly this is also because I have just acquired an iPad Air 2 and a wireless Apple keyboard. My main writing app on ios is Notebooks 8 which plays beautifully with Scrivener’s external Folder Sync and Collections. So far so good.

The next step. Scrivener can export in Markdown which Notebooks renders with no issues, thus allowing me to keep my precious bolds and italics. What I’m wondering is, is there any way that on sync back to the rMBP Scrivener can do the same in reverse, converting the markdown syntax into pretty ‘normal’ rich text word processing mode on the computer? It’s not a big deal if it can’t, but I thought it would be nice if it could.

I’m sure it’s possible to do this through Hazel or various automating solutions, but ideally I’d prefer it to be handled natively in Scrivener; just the same process as the present ‘convert’ option but in reverse. If this isn’t available now, will it be in the future? Or perhaps there’ll be no need for it anyway once the iOS app is released, thus making such functionality redundant.