Maximum Lines Per Page

I write screenplays, and it is nice to see how many pages my acts and individual scenes are. In version 1.0, there was an option to use Number of Lines per page OR number of words per page as a way of discerning page count. This is no longer accurate for screenplay pages. Is there a way to get this functionality back?

Can’t you just use the new page view?

The page view does not allow you to select multiple sections from the binder. When writing screenplays, it is important to know what page you’re on because certain things are supposed to happen on certain pages, generally speaking. Your older version worked pretty well for this, once you told scrivener how many lines per page to use.
Is there any way to get a hold of the older version?

One thing I would really like to see is a page count, and a cumulative page count option on the outline page. This would solve all of the problems of knowing where one is at in a particular work. Is there any chance you can introduce that capability?

You’ll need to view it as a Scrivenings session, but you can select multiple documents in the binder and view them together in the Wrap to Page mode, which will then give you “page x of y” in the footer as you move among the documents.

The 1.54 version is available from the support page if that’s really the best solution, but try the Scrivenings session in the Wrap to Page view to see if that does what you need.

There is one caveat with MM’s solution at the moment, and that is that scrivenings mode introduces extra vertical space into the document at each seam, with the line that is used to print the divider. The 2.0.1 update which should be out later this week will address that with a zero-height divider which should give you an accurate page estimate, assuming a direct 1:1 editor/compiler formatting and proper page setup in Page View—both are not difficult to achieve in a scriptwriting workflow.

Live calculation of pages in an outliner column would be a little more difficult.