Menu problems with screenplay when working in full screen mode

I cannot find the list of known bugs, so I apologize if this qualifies. I originally posted this in ‘Tech Support’ but have received zero responses and it sure feels like a bug to me.

Let’s say I’m editing a scene, in screenplay mode. The cursor is right here:

I enter full screen mode. I move the cursor down here to add a new character and a new line of dialogue:

I press Ctrl+\ to bring up the pop-up menu. Then I hit C to format the line to character. Two things happen that are interesting. First, the formatting is applied in the wrong place. It’s applied back where the cursor was before I entered full screen mode. Also, notice that the menu doesn’t close. Rather, it stays open but moves a bit across the screen.

Now, I hit C again and, this time, it applies the formatting to the correct line and the menu closes.

Surely this isn’t correct?

(p.s. Is there a way to assign screenplay formatting to a hotkey and avoid the pop-up menu altogether?)

I’d feel better if there was at least an acknowledgement that the problem is real. :frowning:

My guess is that, in the current situation with Scrivener 3 for Mac being in private beta testing, and with the intention being to release Scrivener 3 for Windows as soon as they can bring it up to scratch after the Mac version is released, the Windows team are concentrating entirely on that.

Scrivener 3 for Windows is being rewritten in Qt5—v. 1.x is in Qt4—to overcome some of the shortcomings of the current version, e.g. In “Scrivenings mode”. So fixing bugs in a version they are working to replace entirely, would merely put back progress on v. 3, and I would imagine is not on the priority list.

That’s just my guess as a long term Scrivener user and a constant follower of all these forums. I am not connected with Lit&Lat in any way.

Mark

Thanks. I feel better for at least having gotten a reply from someone.

I reported this a couple of years ago. It didn’t get much of a response then either!

https://forum.literatureandlatte.com/t/script-element-menu-not-working-in-full-screen-mode/30721/1

This might help you: Essential shortcut in Scripwriting mode not working