Migrating windows files to mac

I currently have the Windows version but just got a Mac. Will my files be able to be loaded in the Mac version and work properly? How is that done… through an import or just open the existing project?
Thanks for your response.
Steves77

The two platforms (three, with iOS) use the same project, and many users work back and forth between them.

The big thing to watch out for is to make sure you transfer the entire project.scriv folder, not just the .scrivx file. The easiest way to do that is to use the Backup To command and check the box to create a ZIP backup. Transfer it to the new system by any convenient method, uncompress, and it should be ready to go.

Needless to say, it’s a good idea to make sure everything has transferred successfully before you dispose of the old computer.

Katherine

But the easiest way is to have the projects in the Dropbox folder, right. Then you don’t have to do any special transfer at all, you just open them back and forth on the computer you happen to be sitting at. :slight_smile:

But then you have to remember to close Scrivener when you’re done working on the project.

But then you have to remember to give Dropbox enough to to replicate the project up to the cloud from the most recent computer and then back down to the others.

But then you have to remember to have the Dropbox service up and syncing.

There is more than one right answer.

True, remembering isn’t always easy, but for most people that should be easier than actively inserting a usb drive, actively zip:ing the project, copy to the usb drive, eject the drive, move it to the other computer, copy the zip file to its hard drive, unzip, and then finally open.

Then again, it depends on if you want to transfer all of your work in one go to a new machine and then dump the old one never to be used again, or if you want to be able to work on two machines back and forth.

Ok, I use Dropbox and have my Scrivener files in them.
So all the files should work… that’s awesome.

Yep, it works! And the same project can be opened by the iOS version on an iPad or iPhone as well. :slight_smile:

I jump back and forth between two Macs and an two iPads… :smiley: