Missing Chapter Two!

First time poster…

Love the application!

I have two questions regarding the Compiler. I’ve just completed a draft of a book using the blank template. Let’s pretend the chapters are:

Introduction
Apples
Oranges
Bananas
Grapefruit
Plums
Peaches
In Conclusion

I’m trying to learn how to compile, and for the moment just want to create a simple PDF file.

I think I understand the Format steps, except I have two problems:

One, I don’t want the Introduction to read “Chapter One Introduction” but just want it to read Introduction. I want Chapter One to be Apples. Is that possible? My “Introduction” isn’t really a chapter as I understand the word.

Beyond that, every time I compile, I get:

Chapter One Introduction
Chapter Two Oranges
Chapter Three Bananas
Chapter Four Grapefruit
Chapter Five Plums
Chapter Six Peaches
Chapter Seven In Conclusion

In other words, it omits the putting the words “Chapter Two” in front of Apples. I get what appears to be seven chapters, not eight.

That said, the PDF file does make a page break for the actual second chapter (or text document), it simply reads Apples (not Chapter Two Apples). Then there’s another page break which leads to Chapter Two Grapefruit (which should be Chapter THREE Grapefruit, and so on. So I’ve got all eight chapters in the PDF, but the one which should say Chapter Two Apples just says Apples. And then it’s as though it wasn’t even a chapter, because the next break says Chapter Two Oranges, which should be Chapter Three Oranges.

Each of these chapters, by the way, are separate files (or is it documents?) all contained in my DRAFT folder and selected for compilation.

After spending two hours trying to puzzle it out, I have given up and await some enlightenment from an expert out there.

So, how do I get it to omit Chapter One in front of Introduction (and start Chapter One with the Apples chapter, and how do I get it to insert Chapter One (which is presently Chapter Two but showing up with no “Chapter” words) in the Apples chapter?

At the end of the day, I want:

Introduction
Chapter One Apples
Chapter Two Oranges
Chapter Three Bananas
Chapter Four Grapefruit
Chapter Five Plums
Chapter Six Peaches
Chapter Seven In Conclusion

Apologies for the lengthy post. :cry: Hope this makes sense. Can anyone help? :question:

Good grief. I figured it out!

I had somehow checked the “Do Not Add Title Prefixes or Suffixes” to my second chapter. Unchecking that fixed that problem, and checking it took away “Chapter One” from the Introduction.

I’m such a knucklehead! :blush:

Nah mate, you’re brilliant! First for posting the challenge and then the solution. 8)