More Control over Spelling Preferences

I recognize that the spell check system is not native to Scivener but relies on an outside service that is linked in, so I don’t know if this is possible, but on the off chance it is, or might become possible in the future, I thought I might mention it.

I write in Canadian English, which is a very odd (and far from consistent across the country) hybrid of American and British English. What I would love to see is the ability to set preferences for spelling by specific word groups (-our/-or, ize/ise, double letter/single letter words, for example). This would help maintain consistency within a manuscript across word groups, even though we might use the British preference for ‘-our’ words (like colour) but the American preference for -ize words (like standardize). I bring this up because the spell check dictionary ‘English (Canada)’ is in fact just a duplicate of the British dictionary.

Anyway, as I said, I know it’s not likely that such control would be possible, but just in case that changes :slight_smile:

In the meantime, if anyone knows of an actual Canadian spell check dictionary that can be downloaded into Scrivener, please let me know.