More Keyboard Shortcuts (for iOS but could be cross-platform)

[I posted this and my next suggestion at the end of a long thread that probably got too buried. Making a new post after expanding my thoughts on the matter.]

I’ve noticed some undocumented (but very standard) shortcuts: CMD+B=bold, CMD+I=Italics, CMD+U=underline.

Are there others I’m missing?

Would love to have for all the pre-existing Paragraph Format Presets:

CMD+1 = Heading 1
CMD+2 = Heading 2
CMD+3 = Heading 3
CMD+4 = Heading 4
CMD+SHIFT+C = code block
CMD+SHIFT+B = block quote
??? = Body (maybe CMD+SHIFT+B and use CMD+SHIFT+Q for block quote instead?)
CMD+L = Bulleted lists
CMD+SHIFT+L = Numbered lists
CMD+K = Insert Link modal window (I realise this conflicts with split selected, but this has become quite standard elsewhere from most markdown editors to even MS Office )

Hi Sirshanksalot,

Didn’t mean to interrupt your request for additional features, but in fact the Cmd+B, etc. are documented in the Keyboard Shortcuts page, in the iOS Knowledgebase.

Below is the link to page. Check it out, maybe there will be some others you didn’t know about.

scrivener.tenderapp.com/help/kb/ … s-gestures

ETA: Please ignore my post! Sirshanksalot is correct, Cmd+B, etc. are not in the Keyboard Shortcuts page!

:blush:

No, Cmd-B etc. are not listed because they are standard Mac/iOS shortcuts, so KB didn’t want to take up space in the shortcut listing for them and only included those which are specific to Scrivener … or so I believe.

I don’t know if it’s standard, but on my Logitech keyboard Ctrl-Cmd-Space cycles through keyboards, just as it does on my Macs, though I’ve always thought I had set it specifically myself on my Macs. The key with a kind of globe icon, which performed that function under iOS 8, now under iOS 9 acts like the “Home” button on the iPad.

Mark

Too bad for those of us coming solely from the Windows world, who don’t know any of the standard Mac/iOS shortcuts!

I’ll look them up.

On the Mac you can more often than not substitute CMD (Command) where you would use CTRL (Control) on Windows.

Happy keyboarding :slight_smile:

Thanks for the tip!