more questions regarding tracking changes

I’m revising a screenplay. I’d like to track the changes I’m making in the screenplay, both for my organization and memory, but also for my readers. In final draft - which I’ll use for distributed drafts - they have asterisks and color coding to keep your changes monitored and organized. Is there a way for Scrivener to track changes?

You could just use coloured text in Scrivener if you are using it with Final Draft 8. Scripts imported from Final Draft 8 have revisions become coloured text, and coloured text becomes revisions (with asterisks) in Final Draft 8 when exported from Scrivener. (In 2.0, Scrivener will have a “revision mode” which will keep new text coloured even when you change the cursor location.)

All the best,
Keith

Great. Where can I set the text in my script to type in a color. Say for instance, red. I can’t seem to find where I can globally change the font color of Scene, action, character, dialog, parenthetical, etc to type in a color other than the default black. I do see under text>font>show colors how you can change it specifically for the item typed, but it doesn’t hold as you continue to type anywhere else.

Kris

Hi Kris, that’s what I mean - it doesn’t hold in the current version. You would have to keep the colour panel open and change it back to red or whatever whenever you change the cursor position. But 2.0’s “revision mode” will do exactly this - keep the colour even when you change position.
All the best,
Keith