Mouse click functionality in the corkboard &inspector[NOTED]

I would like to make a suggestion regarding the functionality of mouse clicking in the corkboard and inspector. This is specifically about selecting fields to edit text.

Current functionality:

• Single clicking a notecard in the corkboard selects the card and bring it up in the inspector.
  • Once a notecard is selected, double clicking in the Title or Synopsis fields of the notecard or inspector, selects all of the text within that field. Single clicking doesn’t select anything.
  • At this point, a single click in the selected field will deselect all of the text and place a cursor at the point of click.

Proposed functionality:

• Single clicking a notecard in the corkboard selects the card and brings it up in the inspector.
    - Once a card is selected, single clicking in the Title or Synopsis fields of the notecard or inspector places a cursor at the point of click. Double clicking would still select all of the text within that field.
  • At this point, a single click in the selected field would still deselect all text and place a cursor at the point of click.

This would make it function more like the typical Windows program.

Thanks kdh, I will look into this. I appreciate you taking the time to propose an alternate method more in-line with the Windows paradigm, this really helps us. Lee