Mouse cursor placement broken Ubuntu 11.10 64-bit

I couldn’t get the .deb file to install correctly, even using the forced architecture command. However I have been able to get a manual install working with one exception. The program misplaces the mouse cursor up and to the left by a significant margin.

Thus, accessing the menus has to be done with an Alt key, and you cannot properly place the cursor on the text with a mouse click.

Any repair suggestions? I’m running it on Gnome Shell, not Unity, if that makes any difference.

I had exactly the same problem with mouse placement with Unity 2D after upgrading to Ubuntu 11.10. However, switching back to standard Unity resolved the issue.

I’ve had the same problem on OpenSuSe Tumbleweed under gnome 2.x. Under XFCE it works fine.

Similar problem here. Mouse works faulty. It didn’t work at all in the binder, and you can’t postition the course with the mouse at the right place.

Problem is reproduceable on two different computers under Ubuntu 11.04 and 11.10. Gnome 2+3.

Mela

I have this bug too, on Ubuntu 10.04 Toshiba nb200. Can’t use the mouse in the binder and the cursor points above where it should in the main window. Is there any kind of fix for this?

OK, so to answer my own question, the first thing to do is to re-size the maximised window. This instantly made the binder and the menu bar ‘mousable’. Then after re-sizing the window a couple of times I found the cursor began operating properly. Conclusion: flaky behaviour but not fatal.

This describes so many of the relationships in my life. Why not Scrivener as well?