Moving from older pc version to updated Mac version

How do I transfer all of my older projects from my windows scrivener to my new Mac?

Use a USB stick, Dropbox, iCloud … anything.

As above, but make sure you transfer the entire .scriv project folder. Some have made the mistake of transferring the internal files.

On Win, the .scriv shows as a folder with contents (you double click on the .scrivx inside to open the project). On the Mac the .scriv shows as a file, hiding the contents (much safer).

If you’re using any kind of cloud-based sync service (Dropbox, iCloud, Google Drive), you can use File->Back Up->Back Up To… to create a .zip-compressed backup file. It’s important to turn that option on in the dialogue window, as it will safely keep all the files and folders of that copy of your project intact through the upload from your windows computer and download to your mac.

Quick tip: Make sure everything is up and running on the new system before you dispose of the old one. If you still have the old system, any transfer error can be fixed.

… or simply close Scrivener, with its default backup settings (zip backup on close of the project), but change the default location for backups.

If your question is more along the lines of compatibility (you’ve gotten good advice here on actually transferring the files), Scrivener files are cross-platform compatible, so there’s nothing special you need to do to convert the files moving from Windows to Mac.

Thanks everyone! Plenty of valuable info! Cheers!