Moving parts in and out of 2 projects?

Scrivener has saved my sanity, but now the project file for my novel is too big and unwieldy (slow). What’s the best way to take parts out of a larger project and put them into a smaller project for editing, then put them back in again? The idea is to maintain the formatting, folders, etc.

I can’t be the only one who needs to do this. :smiley:

Thanks, Pete

Hi, pdk, and welcome to the forum.

What do you mean by big, exactly? How many documents? How much space does it use on disk?

Maybe the cause of the slowness you’re experiencing can be attributed to some specific factor other than project size.

To answer your question; just create a new project, have both the new and the old projects open and both binders visible, and then drag a selection of documents from one binder to the other. This makes a copy; it will not remove anything from the original, so it’s safe to try.

However, the slowness you’re experiencing may not be alleviated by this solution, depending on what aspect of Scrivener is slow. Is it just backups when you exit? Is it when you have the whole book loaded into the editor in Scrivenings mode (somewhat normal for very long texts, depending on how much unoccupied memory your machine has)? Some other slowdown?