Multiline wordwrap option for outline view column headers?

Not sure if this would be a good idea or not, but I’ll mention it…

Multi-line wordwrap option for outline view column headers (i.e. metadata item names), similar to down in the columns themselves.

I was thinking of a use (list of senses) that I wanted to use it for, but which might have gotten pretty ugly (lots of lines if made the column narrow).

Then again, as long as is practical to implement and is optional, at user discretion, it leaves it up to the author as to whether is good or bad, whether to use or not.

Either way, thanks. Am loving the multi-column outlining.

I can’t speak for Windows, although I think the same is true there, but on a Mac, the header row is a system-defined element (unlike the main rows, which are open to much more customisation), and it’s not possible to make it multi-row.

Glad you’re liking the multi-column outlining, though! We plan to bring at least checkboxes and pop-up menus to those custom columns in the future.

All the best,
Keith

I’m trying to think if I’ve seen a native Windows grid control that had a word-wrapped header cell. Can’t think of one off the top of my head. Of course, you’re using QT for Scrivener for Windows, so who knows what’s possible there?