Multimarkdown Not Creating Links in version 2.3

I always use Multimarkdown in Scrivener. In version 2.2 and earlier, this code:
Blah, blah, blah [Stripe][3.1], blah, blah, blah.
[3.1]:http://www.stripe.com

Would result in
Blah, blah, blah Stripe, blah, blah, blah

When I compile the document (compile MMD → HTML).

As of Scrivener 2.3 (including both 2.3.0 and 2.3.1), the links are no longer being created. Other conversions, such as the creation of lists and blockquotes work fine.

If I take the same document and compile it using Scrivener 2.2.x (on my other Mac), it compiles fine.

Let me know if you need other information or if I’m just doing something daft. Thanks!

The only difference between Scrivener 2.2 and 2.3 is that 2.3 now uses MultiMarkdown 3.0 instead of MultiMarkdown 2.0. Could this be a change in MultiMarkdown?
All the best,
Keith

As far as I know, you’ve always need to put a full space in between semantic elements in MMD, but perhaps MMD2 allowed this to be a little more sloppy. Try:

Definitely appreciate the input, but no success yet. I suspect you’re right that this is a change in MMD. Amber, I tried adding a space but it made no difference. The code you posted didn’t seem different than what I originally posted. Could you please clarify?

Thanks!

The difference between yours and mine was the space between the paragraph and the link reference below it. However looking at this again, I think I spot the problem: your ID starts with a numeral, which is an invalid ID in HTML. Element IDs must start with an alphabetic character. So try something like “lnk-3.1” instead.

Amber, you are THE BEST. I hadn’t caught the space before the list of links. Once I added that, it worked fine (even with numbers for the references). Thank you ever so much!