Multiple comments on the same text

I’m not sure if this a bug or a feature request, but it is an unexpected behavior so I thought I’d ask.

When I am working in a text document, I like to use comments. I have recently switched from Word so I am used to being able to highlight a section of text, add a comment, and then maybe highlight the same text (or an overlapping selection) and add another comment. However, when I try to do this in Scrivener, clicking on the same text to add a second comment makes my first comment disappear!

Please let me know whether this is an error or an intended behavior. If it is intended then I will add “allow multiple comments on the same text” as a wish list item.

Is it necessary to hightlight the entire text segment? You could try highlighting only a part it, leaving the rest open for other comments.

If that’s not feasible, you can always go back and extend or elaborate on the original comment.

ps

Thanks for replying.

What you suggested is basically what I have been doing in the meantime as a workaround. However, I still think it would be ideal for me to continue using my previous workflow. The extent of the highlighted text for each comment is often carefully chosen, and sometimes the comments should ideally be separate so that I can address and then delete each one separately.