Multiple Projects/Binders

…brand new to Scrivener, and before I start a quick question. I have 4 projects that I am working on, much of the research data and even notes may/will cross over. If I create a Binder for each project, “filing” notes and research where they best fit, will I be able to access the information in on Binder from another Binder without closing the Binder I am working within?

Yes. You can have several different Scrivener projects open at once and you can drag and text and research items between them …

That’s the short answer. The slightly longer answer continues:

… but if they share much of the same source material should they be separate projects anyway?

There’s no hard and fast rule on this: for some subjects I keep several smaller pieces of work in one project, for others, a single project would be too unwieldy. For those bigger jobs I will often drag material from one Scrivener project to another without any difficulties: it’s a lovely way of seeing chapters grow.

As MrGruff says, it is entirely possible to keep related projects in one Scrivener project. Just rename the “Draft” folder “Drafts”, then create a subfolder inside it for each project. You can compile each subfolder as though it is the entire draft. It depends how related they are, really.

All the best,
Keith

Thanks much!