My chapters are taking a turn for the verse...

I’m reformatting a Scrivener 2 book into 3 and am running (okay, I’ve repeatedly run) into a brick wall trying to get the chapter and subtitle to appear at the top of each chapter’s text page AND ensure that each chapter starts on the recto. Regardless of my attempts, all I can succeed in doing is getting the chapter and subtitle to appear on the page preceding the chapter text but never consistently on the recto. I’m sure someone is going to give me a ridiculously easy fix for this and I’ll be more than happy to do a combination Snoopy Dance and humiliated facepalm. Thanks in advance for the assist.

Have you reviewed the guide Keith put together for migrating from 2 to 3?

[url]https://forum.literatureandlatte.com/t/updating-from-scrivener-2-to-scrivener-3-a-guide/38650/1]

Thanks - I did look at that…quite awhile back after it was already too late. I’m now stuck in Scrivener 3 Land without a guide and up against a deadline. I’ve played around with the section layouts until I’m ready to put my head through the computer screen. No matter what I do, I cannot get “Chapter One, Subhead” on the same page as the text - and after that comes the challenge of ensuring that each new chapter starts on the same type of page (recto/verso). The more I work with Scrivener 3, the more I’m reminded of Scotty saying, “The more they overthink the plumbing, the easier it is to stop up the drain.”