My collected suggestions

Maybe some of these suggestions has been already posted in the forum:
[list]- When performing a Project Search and selecting one of the documents from the results, the editor must jump directly to the occurrence and include options to find next and previous too.

• Wiki-links
  • “Set Selection as synopsisâ€

The text is highlighted and you can use the Find panel. The selection should not be changed as you may want to preserve your former selection.

No, no and no. :slight_smile: Scrivener is for writing long texts, it is not and never will be a wiki app. Scrivener links are as close as you’ll get.

[quote]

• “Set Selection as synopsisâ€

Quick reply! I forgot to send you my congratulations for Scrivener. Seems to be the best writing plus research management soft i’ve seen. I realised that you have a very clear philosophy for this software and i think it has to be this way for this kind of software. Sorry about my english, not native :slight_smile:

Do you mean that I have to rewrite my search in the find panel and for every document of the list i’ve got from my previous project search to find all the occurences? Wll not be easier just to get the previous/next functionalilty for the project search too? This is an important feauture since Scrivener is intended to be used by researchers.
By the way the project search doesn’t highlight the ocurrences in pdf and webpages.

ok, ok :slight_smile: I don’t want a wiki app too. I just want that the scrivener links, or similar ones, work like a citation. A scriviner link to a document of 100 pages for example is maybe not very usefull. I need to be able to point to specific phrases inside other documents.

ok, but maybe you can include it at the end of the ‘Document’ menu.

I prefer to don’t modify the original academic documents i’ve in Scrivener in PDF. My point is to be able to, at least, highlight text so i can get a better filtering in my searchs throught the ‘Research’ section. After that i would like to use that highlight as a citacion in my text, not just copy-pasting, but also including a kind of scrivener link to that highlited text (this link will not be exported).

If i include a citation from a document of the ‘research’ section, i’ll always need to know where it comes from and if it’s already in my scrivener database. I would be glad to see an option to activate this feauture from the prefence pane.

You’re right, Scrivener musn’t be a page-layout program but it already knows about the number the final estimated pages, why not to show this number in the footer for the users who feel more confortable with estimated pages instead of words? (another option in preferences?)

I’m not right, ‘no label’ is not labeled, not ‘a label of not labeled’. ‘No label’ seams that or the user doesn’t want it labeled or the user needs to know that it’s still not labeled. ‘Not labeled’ documents will be easier to identify if they don’t include the pin.

i don’t understand why…

Sorry about ‘long click’. I mean that if the user click in the ‘+’, then it will create a new keyword. But if i click without drop, i get a menu with the recent or most used keywords.

oh great!

Thanks to you, Scrivener seems will be really useful for my phd. I will recommend it to my colleges too. :slight_smile:
Yours,
Jose (gelo)

If you are dealing with a large library of documents for your research, you might want to take a look at DevonThink. It is, IMO, much better suited for browsing very large collections than Scrivener.

I use both programs and find they complement each other very well.

Katherine

But then they would fall off the corkboard…

I’ve tested almost every notebook and writing managers in Mac, Windows and online. DevonThink, Journier, Yojimbo, Circus Ponies, Voodo Pad, Evernote, OneNote, Mindmanager and every notebook wepapp. I’ve to admit that i’ve been a bit hooked on this search for the ideal writing manager and database during the last two years.
Scrivener have all the feautures i need as a database, and it works as i was looking for: a relational non-linear database wich is intended to produce a linear document. The ‘Edit scrivenings’ button is the simple and magic feauture that makes this possible.

In my Scrivener there is no corkboard at all, its background is an abstract image (from the mac os x native backgrounds). We don’t need literal representions in digital environments. Anyway, they could be over a table :wink:

I’ve noticed that you can turn the pins off completely… and the cards don’t fall down.
There’s probably sticky stuff on the back.