My Windows latest version has started opening very slowly

Why?
Thanks,
Skye
PS Windows 10 Pro, Puget Systems build, 8 GB Ram, 1 TB solid state harddrive

“Latest version” meaning the release version, or the latest beta?

Katherine

I’m having the same problem. Loads slowly after the latest release version update (the one about the ecommerce thing, 1.9.13.0

I’m also using Windows 10; Was fine before the update. Once I updated, just takes several seconds longer to load than usual.

I have the same problem.

It seems Scrivener hangs - it opens the main window, but then hangs for five to ten seconds before the top menu and the folder contents etc. appear.

This started happening a few updates back, perhaps half a month to a month ago (I’m currently using 1.9.13.0). It could have started earlier, though, as I used a trial version over the summer.

Interestingly, today I also got a message that Scrivener has not been able to “re-activate with the licence provider” for 2 months, and this message appeared immediately, AS WELL AS the rest of Scrivener’s windows.

The hang could therefore be connected to Scrivener trying to re-activate and not being able to connect to the licence provider.

the latest release version 1.9.13.0, not the beta. And apparently others are having the same thing happen. I keep being terrified it might crash and not open, so I’ve taken to compiling my novel every night when I finish writing.
Skye

I also have the same problem. Scrivener 1.9.13.0. Windows 8.1.

Scrivener’s windows is blank for about 8 seconds. I don’t think it took so long to open a few months ago.