I haven’t used Scrivener for a long time. After having it for maybe 2 years on my computer and not using it because of what I thought was a bigger learning curve (I’m pretty okay with computer programs, normally though, I do video editing as a day-job). But last week I watched a lot of tutorials, and did the whole Interactive Tutorial. So this wish-list is very early but here goes:
(edit for bringing my posts together)
- For files in the Trash can, have the possibility to have a Put Back option.
- Having the Index Cards function sync with the ones from Final Draft. (you also have colors, synopsis, etc. …)
- More default icons for the folders and texts (I really like having them for organising, and seeing fast visual differences). Like the Research Icon is not available for own use, unless I’m mistaken.
- More screenwriting features. I know this is pretty vague claim, but the truth is that most Screenwriting software isn’t being very actively developed. None have the Research and many features of Scrivener. So it would be nice if Scrivener Developers (in between making the iOS version - of which I hope one of the features is we can still view a lot of our Research on it) thinking about what would be nice for Screenwriting writers. Probably novel writers will say differently (and they know better than me) but it seems already like is almost near-perfect for them. For Screenwriting it seems like less thought went into it. Understandable, but one of my wishes would be about that.
- Collaborative features. Like collaborating online together.
- Now there is on the Mac version a Sync to External Folder option. It’s great, but it only syncs text, and it can’t be used as a kind of Backup of your project on the Finder level. PDF’s and media you throw in your project don’t get synced, even if you have it sync Research to.
It would be a nice option to have, to have it all, just the way it’s organised now (with numbers in front of media/text, to let it have the same chronological order in the Finder).
- Having Prefix Numbers before Files from the Sync to External Folder Menu also available when Exporting the Project to Files.
- A Resizable Synopsis viewer (the bottom line) in the Inspector.
I’m now trying to change my workflow from a combination of big Finder organisation with lots of PDF’s in folders for Research, big documents of Pages with lots of notes, pictures of ideas for locations, etc. … All into one program. It took some time, but after only a couple of days, my impressions are very positive. Thanks, Keith, for the program. I hope you are still motivated as ever to keep making this program the best it can be.
PS: first post!