Name Generator Male & Female lists as one item

I find myself selecting and deselecting name lists a lot, as I look for various ethnic names for bit characters. I was thinking it would be nice if I could select the male and female name lists as one unit. Programatically it should be doable if the lists’ file names followed the pattern of “Description (gender)”, or I hope it’s not a big pain in the buttocks to do so.

Also, a way to de-select all of the names, and conversely to select them all would be a great help.

You can already do the latter by holding down the Option key when ticking a box. I’m not quite sure what you mean by the former, but to be honest I don’t have any plans to fiddle with the name generator for a while unless it’s something really, really quick. :slight_smile:

Well, that’s handy! I really need to just trying holding down the option key more often when I click.

As for the former, I was thinking that if I chose Catalan Names (Female), it would be handy to have it automatically select the Male equivalent as well. We already have a radio button list for Male, Female and Either, so having female names selected when we’re only interested in Male names wouldn’t cause any issues. I’ve parsed a lot of text for my day job using various languages, and most have something that allows wild cards, so recognizing that Catalan Names (*) matches both the Male and Female lists would allow the name generator to mark them as a pair, and to then select the other when one of them is selected.

But I can see it being a pretty low priority, so as long as you understand what I’m getting at, I’ll just leave it at that and move on. The OPT-click trick has just made this process a lot easier anyhow.

Thanks!