I just ran across Scrivener and even in the beta 1.8, absolutely love it.
One thing I sorely miss is named styles. I hate having to manually remember and apply different formatting options, depending on heading level.
Why named styles would be valuable:
- in Scrivener itself, ensures consistent formatting
- in Scrivener itself, reduces cognitive load on mechanics and allows better concentration on what really matters
- for HTML export, using standard heading levels to structure helps SEO
- for HTML export, using css rather than embedded styling produces lighter weight pages
- for export to Word (etc.) having named styles again helps manage structure and ensure consistent formatting.