NaNoWriMo Obfuscated

Greetings to all,

My wife and I updated to version 2.0.1 on the Mac platform and the compile option for Obfuscated seems to be missing. Has it been removed or is there a way to get it back?

Thanks for you help.

You can download the NaNoWriMo extras from the web page:
<http://www.literatureandlatte.com/nanowrimo.html>

Where is the Obfuscated compile option for the Mac? It doesn’t mention it in the Mac instructions, and I can’t seem to find it anywhere.

It is built into the Mac version, but hidden by default I think. Use the “Format As” drop-down in the compile window and select the management option at the bottom of that menu to toggle which presets are active.

Funny. I never knew such an option was there. :smiley:

Got it. Thanks. This should be written on the NaNoWriMo page (literatureandlatte.com/nanowrimo.php).

It is explained in the template itself, the only reason it is mentioned specifically in the Windows installation instructions on that page is because it does not have a preset manager yet, and the preset a bit of an specific thing to include with the basic install everyone downloads:

RTFM I guess. I did notice one interesting thing, that numbers are not obfuscated.

You can examine what this preset is doing in the Replacements pane (under the “Preset” tab naturally). As you’ll see, not even every letter is replaced, just a few of the most common, and of course this will do nothing for a manuscript written in Chinese. :wink: It’s not really intended to be a form of encryption, or even all that secure (though it should be very difficult to go backward from it since multiple letters get converted to the same single letter). It also strips hyphens to reduce ambiguity in counting hyphenated words as one or two.