Navigate while in Scrivenings mode

Hello,

The binder is very useful to jump to a chapter, but displays only the selected chapter. I’m trying to find a way to keep the full draft in view at all times, and still use the binder to navigate between chapters. Is that possible? Is there a way to jump to a chapter while staying in Scrivenings mode?

The only workaround I’ve found so far is to add comments and use them as bookmarks in a very long document, but then I’m losing all the features of the binder. Any thoughts/suggestions?

Thanks
Jeremy

I haven’t found a way to do it, and I don’t think it’s possible.

Another workaround is to scroll to a place where you think a particular scene is, click in the document, then press Ctl-Shift-8 to show you where you are in the binder.

I usually don’t need or use scrivenings mode except when doing Find/Replace operations for the entire manuscript. I find it easy to jump from scene to scene.

I don’t know if you have this in the Windows version or not, but the top line of the editor window shows what you have selected in the binder. To the left there is a symbol of paper or papers. If you click on it you get a sub-menu which has the command “Lock in place” at the bottom. If you click on the to level in the Binder, then click on Lock in place, you will keep the whole document loaded in the editor and when you click somewhere in the binder you will jump to that point in the text.

Many thanks for your answers - Lunk that’s exactly what I was looking for!