[NB] Issue Compiling with 2.9.0.4[solved]

Hello,
I was working on the Linux version, unfortunately it 'is no longer possible :frowning:
Fortunately I can use the Windows version and I installed the beta 2.9.0.4 on my small laptop.
Now, I have also installed this version on my Linux machine which has a much bigger and comfortable screen. It works through PlayOnLinux.
Good. Now, my question: I’m trying to compile but every time, whatever the trimming, I have the message: Conversion in the requested format impossible - Unknown error
What can I do?

I think it’s from PlayOnLinux (implementation of Wine), because on my little laptop I do not have this problem. Has anyone come across this problem before?

I’m using WINE (staging 3.6), and I haven’t had that issue. I had an issue compiling to PDF once, but not since. (That is, I can’t reproduce it, but someone else on Windows was having the same issue consistently.)

If you can reproduce it, give steps, because there’s an issue with compile that’s causing problems for others on Windows, too.

So far, this is working for me, error-free (fingers crossed):

I have a Mac Mini dual-boot Mac OS & Linux Mint Cinnamon 18.1. I’d attach a System Info, but don’t see a way to do so.

I downloaded the latest PlayOnLinux (POL) (4.2.12) from their site. I selected the .deb for Ubuntu. I just double-clicked to install it via the debian package installer.

Per someone’s recommendation, I think on the WineHQ site, I uninstalled and purged every trace of Wine, Mono, and Scrivener (program info, not my data!). They have info on how to do that… plus I renamed the .wine “Program Files” folder, in case i needed 'em later. So far, I haven’t needed 'em.

I ran POL. They allow custom Wine versions, so elected to use their recommended Wine version, which is 1.6.7 as I recall. It put a generic POL Clover icon on the desktop labeled “Scrivener.” I found a nice Scrivener .png icon on this forum. It has a little Linux Penguin, so I used “properties” of the desktop link to install it as the Scrivener desktop icon.

When I first ran Scrivener (double-clicking the icon), I still got the bug I’d had when I just used Wine: I’d had to keep entering my reg. code every 60 days. It kept extending my “trial” period each time. annoying, but no big deal. Scrivener’s Astrid says they don’t support Wine, so she couldn’t help. But this time, it said “Successfully registered!” Then it came up with the 59 days remaining message. However, when subsequently running Scrivener, I no longer get that nag. Yay!

I’ve edited my novel and played with a new file, So far, no problems.

After reading of your difficulty, I selected a few scenes and compiled them to a pdf. No problem… and the type face looks clearer on my screen than it did when running Scrivener simply under Wine. All the type on the screen, including program messages (e.g. “compile completed”) look clearer too.

For my text I’m using a downloaded free TrueType font called Dark Courier. It’s nicer than Courier Dark, which has intentional blocked and missing character bits which has very thin lines. I guess that’s to look more like a real typewriter. That’s not my goal; neatness is. Dark Courier is easier to read than simple Courier, which also has very thin lines,

So,that’s my experience up to now.

Good evening,
in fact, I’m sorry but it was following a wrong maneuver on my part :blush: … Everything is fine on this side.

By cons I can not print directly (and this is not a problem Scrivener because even with Wordpad I have the same behavior: we do not see anything in the preview before printing, and the impression gives white fevers …)