[NB] Saving Options to File... doesn't remember the width of the Binder and the state of the Inspector

Saving Options to File… doesn’t save the width of the Binder and the state of the Inspector(open or closed)

I’m not sure how can I test this, but I think this only happens when I load the settings for the first time in a new installation of Scrivener. Hope the description is clear enough if not let me know, and I’ll try to clarify.

Regards,
M

These are not part of the Options. You cannot change these within the Options. These are part of the layout. Try to save the window states via the layouts i.e. Window > Layouts, if I remember correctly.

Ah, thanks.

Since I’m using a custom Layout shouldn’t the installation of a new version of Scrivener ‘remember’ it(my custom Layout)?

It’s a no biggie to reapply it manually, but I wonder what would happen when Scrivener 3 is out, and people begin to update it automatically. There will be a lot of confusion about why their carefully configured Layout and toolbars have been suddenly reset, no? :slight_smile:

Regards,
M

Layouts are project-specific, so they’re never globally applied to new projects. What you can do though is create a custom project template (File > Save As Template) with the window set up the way you want it and use that for creating new projects. This is also handy for setting up things like whether to display label colours in the binder or status stamps on the corkboard and other project-specific settings that you usually like a certain way.