[NB] Vertically Split Editor Window Doesn't Change When Doc Clicked in Binder

Hi, In the latest beta, I split the editors vertically. The editor on the left behaves normally. The editor on the right doesn’t change its content when clicking on the binder. If I use the menu to “Swap Editors” the behavior is reversed, that is to say, that the malfunctioning editor is now on the left and the good editor is on the right. I’ve restarted, checked the settings, reproduced this many times, and can’t fix it.

This is a serious disability in my opinion and I hope a fix is forthcoming quickly. This is a fundamental feature, not a nice-to-have.

Thanks for all your work. Good luck

Don

THIS IS NOT A BUG. THERE IS A MENU SETTING THAT CONTROLS THIS BEHAVIOR. I JUST FOUND IT.

If you right click on a document in the Binder you get a popup menu that includes the menu item:

“Binder Selection Affects >”

Under this menu item, there is a list of choices including the left editor, the right editor, the current editor, both editors, etc. This is new to me but maybe not to the program. I don’t know. Mine was set to “Left Editor.” But if that’s the default, may I suggest that the default be “Current Editor.”

Hopefully, my mistake will help someone in the future. -Don

Thank you, was looking for this :smiley:

Hello JL, As you have correctly found, this is not a bug. This behaviour is the way Scriv is designed. It is not new either. When working with more than one editor window, you click in the window to make that editor ‘live’. This will show in the binder as the document selected is highlighted, but the highlight does not extend across the entire binder selection. You do NOT want the binder selection to routinely change everytime you select another editor… one sure fire way of getting lost and potentially very annoying. This is all mentioned in the tutorial.