First off, the first few months I’ve used this I really enjoyed it, but my enjoyment has waned recently. There are just so many things I can’t get to work with the windows version and there only seems to be help for mac versions, which is unfortunate. I don’t know much about the company, and I see they’re releasing a version 3 but are going to be charging for it? Yet in some places it says they’re not. I’m not really fond of that, as it is unclear what they are actually saying. Which is my first question; is it going to be free or not?
So apparently only free for those who bought after November 20th…I bought mine in October. Definitely won’t be purchasing 3 at this rate. Not impressed with the demo for it either. Back to Word, then, I guess.
Anyways, second, no matter how I compile as-is or not as-is, my prologue, epilogue and some sections that I don’t want to have chapters keep getting labeled as chapter 1…chapter 2…etc. I tried doing a custom header through a tutorial that said it should work for windows…but doesn’t. Using <$custom:header> I’m not sure if I did something wrong…but it is frustrating.
I’ve found many unanswered questions like this on this forum as far back as several years ago. Now I’m not sure if there is any support for the windows product! I hope there is, as I’m really unhappy with it at this moment.