Need some help on resizing text

Well, that’s the easiest way I can put it. I’ve just imported my novel into Scrivener from Word. It is keeping the margin settings in the editor. So therefore, my text is only taking up half the screen. I want the text to work like the default Scrivener text, where it goes all the way across the screen.

I suspect this has something to do with margins and zoom settings. But can’t figure out exactly what is going on. I’ve spent about an hour messing with it, trying to get it back to what I’m calling “Scrivener Normal”, but I’m not having any luck. I would really like my text column not limited to simply 6.5 inches.

I suspect it is something really simple, but it is eluding me.

It sounds like it’s got a right indent set. You can adjust the paragraph settings by showing the ruler in the editor (available from the Format menu), but the easiest way to fix this for all your imported documents is to select them and use Documents > Convert > Formatting to Default Text Style. That will standardise all of them to use the formatting set in the Editor tab of Options, so you can check that first to be sure it’s how you want it. The settings there will affect all new documents you create, and the Convert command can update any exiting documents.

The right indent marker in the ruler should just be stuck to the right edge of the ruler–if you make the editor wider or narrower, the marker should move with the edge. It’s this way in the default settings, so you shouldn’t need to change it there to get everything set properly.

That did it! Thanks. I knew it had to be something simple. This was just bothering me. Thanks again!