[Need usage suggestions] Best way to mark things that need revision/correction

I’d like to hear your thoughts/tips on what’s the best practice to mark down something (sentence, piece of info, etc.) so that we can come back later to revise/correct.

E.g. a piece of info that we’re not sure whether it’s correct but we just assume it is & write ahead for now to keep momentum, but we’ll need to check later.

Thanks.

I don’t know the “best” way, but I use annotations for this.

1 Like

I mark the piece of text, make a Comment on it. Usually it is something like “CONT check what is his name” or “REPETITION reduce text here” or “RESEARCH check the exact dates” to show WHAT is needed.
When I want to check whether there are any left to be resolved, I click the top-level folder in Outliner or Binder and display contents as scrivenings, to show a continuous text. This makes all Comments from that text display in the inspector panel.

2 Likes

I use inline annotations for this. By default inline annotations are highlighted in various ways so as to be easily visible in the text – and you can write any sort of note there. You can also chose whether they show up when you print or compile.

2 Likes

Thanks a lot for the suggestions.

Another vote for inline annotations here. They are visually distinct, and you can search for them using the Find by Formatting command.

1 Like