New Additional Substitutions

Looks like a tiny bug: after adding a new item via Options… Corrections… Edit Substitutions… the text to be replaced is never replaced until Scrivener has been restarted (use of Apply/OK notwithstanding)

(Version: 3.1.1.0 (1463331) 64-bit - 03 Nov 2021)

I’ve seen this happen after you’ve changed the entry, but not when you’ve not…

Does it work if you switch the Enable additional substitutions off and back on again (clicking Apply after each toggle)? That should be an easier workaround for now until it is fixed.

Yes that also works - and that is more convenient. Note that the bug applies to all modifications of the additional substitutions list, not just adding new items (also removing items, editing items). (so as your workaround implies, it just needs to actually apply the changes)

I did also discover that substitutions don’t seem to work on Index Card text.

However… I may have said this before but it’s worth saying it again: given the incredible sophistication and complexity of Scrivener, if that’s about as much as I can find wrong I am utterly in awe of the attention to detail, thought, care and quality.

I’ve been building software - and more recently, standing beside others doing the same - and tearing it to pieces for 40 years and I don’t think I have ever seen anything else this good.

I expect people just come to expect this goodness after a while, but I want you to know how much I appreciate it - because I know (something about) the effort it takes.

Many thanks for the kind words, and the report! :slight_smile: I’ve got it filed to take a look at.

1 Like