New projects opening up in the same theme as a previous project

Hello everyone! I’m having an issue with themes on Windows and it’s driving me a bit bats. When I assign a custom theme to a project, all is well and good. I save said project then open a new one, and it automatically loads the previous theme, which is not what I want to happen. On the other hand, when I’ve put a new theme on that project, and open my previous project the same thing happens.

Is there a way to stop this from happening? I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong or missing but I’d really, REALLY appreciate some insight.

Thanks so much in advance.

1 Like

Ah, I’m not sure about Windows, but in Mac Scrivener, themes are not project specific. Instead, they are Scrivener-wide preferences, appearing in all projects.

I’m not sure about Mac, but in Windows Scrivener, themes are not project specific. Instead, they are Scrivener-wide preferences, appearing in all projects.

1 Like

Yeah, once you assign a theme, it is assigned to Scrivener, not to each project separately. I haven’t found any option to do that, but you can suggest the Scrivener team to add the option ‘themes for each project’. I believe they have a section around this page for suggestions like that, and maybe they’ll include in the next update :wink:

2 Likes

Thank you, everyone! I appreciate the responses. :slight_smile:

I will definitely make that suggestion! Thanks so much. :slight_smile: