I open a new text using the button on the bottom toolbar and instead of being blank it contains text. Different text each time. I can’t detect a pattern as to what part of the project the text has been taken from. Sometimes the new text is blank but the next new text creation won’t be. I am using the latest update (March 2015). Very frustrating, particularly when I can’t locate where the text is from.
I guess that no one else has encountered this problem. I am now using version 1.9 and adding new text documents using the big green button from top toolbar and all is well. After the install I tried the bottom toolbar button but nothing had changed - the new “page” came with text. So I went with the green button and it worked, unlike previously. If this continues to work I will treat the past failures as one of those mysteries that is best not delved into.