New Text or Folder in Fullscreen Mode

Hi there,

I was wondering if it’s possible to create a new text while in Fullscreen mode (F11). Right now when I reach the end of a scene I’m exiting Fullscreen and creating via the Binder. Is there a keyboard shortcut I’m missing that would allow me to do it without exiting? Same question applies for new folders (chapters).

Browsing the manual, I discovered the ability to navigate up/down with “ctrl + alt + arrow” (sweet!), but “ctrl + N” doesn’t seem to work.

Thank you.

There’s not currently a way to do this, although it is something we are working on for the future. To workaround the limitation for now, you can add a few lines at the end of your current document, then place the cursor beofre them and use the Ctrl+K “Split Document at Selection” command to divide the current doc, essentially creating a new blank document. You could even refine this by typing the title of the new document into the text, then selecting that and using Ctrl+Shift+K, “Split With Selection as Title”. Then just Ctrl+A in the split document to select the text and overtype it with the new document text.

A perfect workaround, thank you!

Is there a shortcut that splits selection into folder? I’m assuming not, but wanted to make sure.

Thanks again.

No, the split always is the same type as the original document, but once you’ve switched out of full screen, you can just select the items you want to change and then choose Documents > Convert > Convert to Folder (also available in the binder context menu).